Sunday, December 21, 2008

Laughing at shit

Tomasita started her first blog today. I thought, why not? So I'm going to try resurrecting my online journal addiction, yet again. Back in 2000, a close friend encouraged me to start a diary and pointed me to diaryland.com. Steadily, I poured my daily thoughts, emotional shifts and mundane crap into a section of the internet abyss for 3 years at http://www.diaryland.com/hemopoetic, then in another stint at http://livejournal.com/neatobandito.

I'm confused about why I ever stopped since I loved it so much. Possibly, some logical part in my brain overcame the habit because it served no directly practical purpose. Perhaps I ran out of things to write about. It wouldn't surprise me since I'm basically boring.

In any case, writing about this self-proclaimed boring life brought me the clarity to better cope with incoherent bullshit clamoring for attention in my mind. I think writing made room for the more important shit. Shit is shit but there are all kinds of shit. I don't want bullshit, heavy shit, or stupid shit. I want to scoot that shit over to make room for the important shit or shit that counts for something. That's the type of shit that makes life worth actually living.

2 comments: