Monday, October 19, 2009

Internal locus of control is a good thing

So you were upset
About me telling you that I wanted to jump into the technical communication course
And telling you the cost
And you said you felt kept out of the loop
But because I've been talking about it this whole time I didn't feel that way
Also I made the decision to "just do it"
As I was driving home
But realized that it was an IMPULSE
That I didn't research my options well enough beforehand
And that I tend to get impulses/urges to take action when I feel like other things are out of my control (i.e. money, some aspects of us, my future)
The impulse to take action is my way of regaining control over what I believe is controllable
It re-establishes identity I think is getting lost
or threatened
or security
safety whatever "good" thing is threatened
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment