Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Watermelon Chapstick - written in high school

Watermelon tastes nice on

chapped lips, especially when

they’re yours. I’ll soften those sweet
petals with mine, tainted pink,
like fruit-candy on my tongue.
I’ll massage soft, braless flesh
with chipped polish tipped fingers
and warm palms cupped to send waves
pulsing tropic through us both.

Full of your candied kisses,
my feet cannot touch the floor.
Lashes dust your cheeks, and mine.
Watermelon lips on me,
like moths, damp with morning dew
pressed in to whisper words that
don’t actually exist.

I’m in your sea electric.
I will lick salt water from
the valley of nose and cheek,
stroke withering hair weary
of bleach, wisps kissing your face
beneath sun and trees that bare
your diagonal grace.
Heated, watermelon breath
fans over me from below;
a flushed cheek to silken thighs,
tangled in white sheets, writhing.
Please: don’t ever disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment