Sunday, May 3, 2015

Fuck it

I'm not sure what's gone wrong. It's not just the wine fogging my mental faculties.

The talk tonight was big. Broke us in to a million stupid pieces. We sit in separate rooms. My hair is wet, lips stained with wine.

And tomorrow is Monday. I'll pretend everything is fine while I figure out what is next.

What happens when your future plan goes uncertain? You come too close to the mirage, see the asphalt burning for what it is.

I don't know I don't know. I keep telling him I don't know. Infuriating as that is. Through the open front door I see nothing but oily black and indigos. Faint shadows of the street.

Useless as my heart and brain right now. I do not enjoy helplessness. One path or another, there's direction in me somewhere. It is a necessity.

I used to write good shit when buzzed or drunk or in pain. Tonight it just blows.


No comments:

Post a Comment