Wednesday, May 13, 2015

You were the sun and moon to me

They say the stomach shares brain power. That neuronal pathways literally line its composition. Ferrying mood and thought from root to tip of this body. 

That's why we feel it all over. Inside. Insight.

I try to think of the new space as canvas rather than of its pain. Post-destruction creation.

That does not mean it is not also pain and destruction. The power and strengths here do not discount the weight that brings me so often to the floor. Knees scratched, chest caved.

I suffocate. Watch the life drain.

I woke up to the sea of king sized bed. Squinting in the dark at the buzzing light in my electronics.

I see a post. "For a friend going through a hard time," he writes. I don't know if he means himself or me.

I click. And cry and cry and cry. I listen again. I cry and cry some more. I consider not living normal life today. My face is covered in saltwater. I may as well be swimming in the sea without a raft.

I realize I need this. I need this badly. To be alone. To muse. To synthesize. Orient. Appreciate. Learn.

But here comes the saltwater again, until it feels like I'm nothing but conduit for archetypal Heartbreak to manifest in to the real world temporarily through me, at 5:11 AM. 

It's raining, it's pouring
A black sky is falling, it's cold tonight
You gave me your answer
Goodbye, now I'm all on my own tonight

And when the big wheel starts to spin
You can never know the odds
If you don't play, you'll never win

We were in heaven you and I
When I lay with you and close my eyes
Our fingers touch the sky

I'm sorry baby
You were the sun and moon to me
I'll never get over you
You'll never get over me
I'm sorry baby
You were the sun and moon to me
I'll never get over you
You'll never get over me

When the big wheel starts to spin
You can never know the odds
If you don't play, you'll never win

We were in heaven you and I
When I lay with you and close my eyes
Our fingers touch the sky

I'm sorry baby
You were the sun and moon to me
I'll never get over you
You'll never get over me
I'm sorry baby
You were the sun and moon to me
I'll never get over you
You'll never get over me

You'll never get over me

No comments:

Post a Comment