Friday, May 29, 2015

Orchestra of pain

I wanted to hurt myself yesterday.

I did not.

I like to think that is progress.

I can see the dark. And part of me does not want to stand anymore. I want it to envelope me so that I can't see, hear, feel anything.

If I have a soul, at least part of it is dying. Dissolving into particles that twist and scurry in the winds of panicked breath, a heartbeat tripping on its own feet, dizzy. My throat hurts. My head hurts. My chest hurts. My arms hurt. My legs. All of me.

This is too much to bear. I want to love and be loved. I want to be alive. I want contentedness to be punctuated by happiness and joy. Sunlight. Music. Laughter.

I want to lay in the grass staring up into a canopy of trees rustling in the breeze. One hand on my heart, one hand in theirs. Quiet. Smiling. ALIVE.

I am so far from this dream there is physical pain.

Orchestra of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment