Thursday, May 7, 2015

Soulslaughter

Your eyes are drawing in to themselves. Like a mouth squinting at lemon sour.

I can't see you anymore.
"One foot out the door."
"I can't."
"I want to leave."

If I was self-centered, I'd wonder if this peril in love between us is why San Diego is uncharacteristically cold.

I'm patient. I'm tired. I'm aching. I'm yearning. Darts of longing pierce my lower belly, flame around the ribcage and curl back into heart.

You're fading. You're dying. I can see the dimness in your movements. I wonder if you were right about slow death. But I don't want you to be.

Maybe it's me.  She told me to stop "shoulding" all over myself. But maybe, I should be imprisoned for soulslaughter. I'm lost and want to find myself. I don't want to need someone for that.

How can something so beautiful shapeshift in to something so sad? I used to think neither of us were bad people, just flawed, human.

Why do I think it's me?

Maybe it is.

Maybe I am awful. No, I can't think this way. I'll never figure it out if I focus on destroying myself. Old habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment